Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Black Bean Pie

Black Bean Pie


When I first heard the words Black Bean Pie, I kind of grimaced.  It just doesn't sound very tasty to me.  However, when I had a bite of this deliciousness...it didn't matter what it was called.  It was just really yummy.  It is super easy to make.  I make my own pie crust so it took me a little longer but for those of you who use frozen pie crust, it will be even more of a snap. Serve this with some chips and salsa and maybe a couple of avocado slices and you're good to go.

Ingredients

Pie Crust for a bottom and a top layer
2 Cans of Black Beans - drained and rinsed
Generous cup of your favorite Salsa - homemade or store bought
1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
2 Flour Tortillas
Cilantro

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix the black beans with the salsa.  Place the bottom crust into a pie dish.  Spoon 1/3 of the bean and salsa mixture onto the crust.  Top with 1/3 of the cheese and a few sprigs of cilantro.  Place a tortilla on top.  Repeat the layer.  Place your remaining tortilla on the second layer and repeat the layer one more time.  Top with the other pie crust and crimp edges together.  Bake for 45-50 minutes - just until the pie crust starts to turn golden.  Remove from oven and cool for about 15 minutes.  Serve each slice with a dollop of Sour Cream.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment