Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Buttermilk Pancakes


I love pancakes and waffles!  I don't eat them very often but when I do, I enjoy them!  I used to either buy the box mix (Bisquick or Aunt Jemimah) or the frozen kind in the freezer section at the grocery store.  Eggo, Krustaez etc.  One day I looked at all of the awful ingredients in both the powder and the frozen.  Mono this and mono that. And xyz to preserve freshness.  You know.  I thought it was time to start making my own.  So I went in search of the perfect pancake recipe.  I'm sure I haven't hit perfection yet but this particular recipe is pretty darn good.  I adapted it from Williams Sonoma.  I usually make just plain pancakes but this particular time I made blueberry.

Recipe

2 Cups Flour
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
2 Eggs
2 Cups Buttermilk
4 Tbsp Butter

Mix dry ingredients together.  Then mix liquid ingredients together in a separate bowl and slowly pour into the dry mixture while stirring.  The pancake mix is done and ready to pour onto your grill pan that is lightly brushed with canola oil.  Delicious!

Here's a little "oops" secret from the cook...if you will look at my picture you will see two pathetic looking sausage links.  I claim to know a lot about cooking but for the life of me cannot microwave a frozen sausage!  I don't like sausage so it's generally not on my radar.  This particular plate was for Luigi and he loves his Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Links.  So I thought they would be a nice addition to the meal.  How was I to know you don't microwave a link for 3 minutes?!  Oh my, they came out like little pieces of cement.  But if you just take a glance at them, they look far worse than that! 
Let's just say I have been fired from being the Jimmy Dean Link Chef.

Later this week...HEALTHY blueberry muffins.  And a delicious Thai Stir Fry (vegetarian).

No comments:

Post a Comment